[mythtv-users] Hardware Failure?

Patrick Davila pdavila at thelinuxlink.net
Wed Mar 23 11:45:44 UTC 2005

I tried checking to see if the card works in windows. It does. It's
definitely a driver issue.  The card also worked fine the first time I
booted my MythTV system when I put the card back in it. It dies after
changing the channel. On subsequent bootups it's not initializing cleanly.
I get only static when watching the stream via 'mplayer /dev/video' as
well. The only thing different is that in the family room I'm using
DishNetwork instead of analog cable. The input is a standard co-axel
cable. I checked all the connections and cables as well. I'm wondering if
I'm using an ustable version of the drivers. I'm using Axel's apt-get
repository pointing to the stable branch. It's a possibility I have an
unstable version installed. I'll post my output from dmesg, lspci and
/var/log/messages later. Thanks again all.

--
Patrick Davila
http://thelinuxlink.net/tllts/ - The Linux Link Tech Show