[mythtv-users] Question about HDTV

Cory Papenfuss papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Wed Mar 23 10:57:34 UTC 2005

> Thanks for all the info.  Unfortunately I think I am stuck with an HDTV that
> isn't going to play nicely with my mythbox.  Using the 9A60 the picture is
> less fubar than with the VHDC300 but basically everywhere except the center
> of the screen has convergence problems.  With the VHDC300 the picture was
> offset a couple of inches to the left and any attempt to adjust to the right
> on the VHDC300 resulted in no picture.  The 9A60 doesn't have any external
> adjustments, don't know about inside, don't want to open it up cause I
> wouldn't know what I'm doing anyway.  I also tried using an MX400 last night
> hooked up to the 9A60 with the same results.  So basically I am receiving
> HDTV content and watching it on my HDTV using S-Video.
> I don't think that the 9A60 is broken but my logic coming to this conclusion
> is flawed since I am basing that on the fact that the VHDC300 worked fine
> with an RCA DTC100 and the 9A60 works better than the VHDC300 with myth.  Oh
> well, thanks for your help maybe I'll look into getting an nvidia 6200 with
> component out.
>
> --
 	It certainly sounds like your A960 or (gulp) TV has issues.  If
you provide a proper frequency signal (e.g. regular VGA=480p), it should
"just work."  What happens when you just connect the Y cable?  You should
get a nice monochrome signal.  If you still have convergence issues on
that, you can say it's the TV (or a horribly bad sync signal from the
A960 causing the TV to "not quite sync").

-Cory