[mythtv-users] Linux/MythTV drivers for 2nd gen PVR cards

Cecil Watson cwatson at linkline.com
Wed Mar 23 09:25:07 UTC 2005

ionut.f at plutohome.com wrote:

>Most of the popular new  PVR cards sold for Windows XP MC are based on
>Connexant's "Blackbird" design, which hasn't had drivers for Linux or Myth.
>We have been working on these drivers and released an alpha version at
>http://plutohome.com.  Pluto even has a self-booting kick-start CD that will
>automatically install & configure everything for you, including a ready-to-go
>Myth system.  It's the fastest and easiest way to get a MythTV PVR up and
>running, and also installs Xine, Asterisk and our own software to give you the
>most advanced media & entertainment, home automation, security, telecom &
>computing system, controllable with your Symbian Bluetooth mobile phone, as
>well as PDA's and Webpads.
>We're working hard to harden the drivers as quickly as possible and would like
>as much feedback as possible.  These 2nd generation "Blackbird" cards are lower
>in price and offer better picture quality than the current models supported in
>IVTV, so be sure to check them out.
>
>visit: plutohome.com, click 'support', 'support site', and choose "CX88
>Blackbird Drivers" from the projects menu

  Not Found

The requested URL /download/cx88patches.pat was not found on this server.

Apache/2.0.49 (Fedora) Server at www.plutohome.com Port 80

  Not Found

The requested URL /download/source/cx88_05031617.tar.gz was not found on
this server.

Apache/2.0.49 (Fedora) Server at source.plutohome.com Port 80

Regards,

Cecil