[mythtv-users] Problems getting PVR-500 tuner working

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Wed Mar 23 08:33:01 UTC 2005

This should be discussed on the ivtv list...

On Tuesday 22 March 2005 22:13, MagicITX wrote:
> I'm doing battle with a PVR500 also.  Yours works better than mine.  I
> get static and it  reboots the computer after about 3 seconds.
>
> On another list a poster had success with tuner 38.  Try adding this
> to your modules.conf:
>
> options ivtv tuner=38,38
>
> If you try it and it works, please let me know.

No, no, no, no, no. Its absolutely a type 57 tuner, and if you're actually
using a tuner module with type 57 support in it (either the one from ivtv or
a very recent v4l snapshot), that's definitely the one to use.

I know this because I'm the one who submitted the patch to both ivtv and v4l
to support this tuner, along with the tveeprom patches for auto-detection,
and I have a PVR-500 with that tuner, which works perfectly.

The problem lies elsewhere, he's got a tuner module that supports type 57
there. The OP needs to show his modprobe.conf, but my first guess would be he
needs an extra module parameter:

options cx25840 no_black_magic=1

I did notice that the OP has the D492 revision of the card, which folks seem
to be having more troubles with. Please take this over to the ivtv list
though.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com