[mythtv-users] MythWeb login.

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Wed Mar 23 04:42:28 UTC 2005

> Has anyone made any modifications to the MythWeb  php files which would
> require a user to login before they can get access to the front end?
> Think this might be handy if you wanted to be able to change what your
> recording while at work or something..
> If no one has done this, would someone be interested in copies if I took
> a stab at changing the php files?

Take a look at the included .htaccess file -- all you should need to do
is comment out the auth stuff and create an htpasswd file.

future versions of mythweb will REQUIRE a login (I'm sick of people
complaining about their cookies not working, so I'm moving to a
user-info-stored-in-the-database kind fo setup), though at that point
I'll hopefully have some kind of user info manager, etc., too.

-Chris