[mythtv-users] nuvexport - dvd

Sigurd Nes sigurdne at online.no
Tue Mar 22 21:13:24 UTC 2005

Ramon Redondo wrote:
>>'-f dvd' in DVD.pm gives me error:
>>
>>ffmpeg had critical errors:
>>Unknown input or output format: dvd
>>
>>If I change it to '-target dvd' – it seems ok
>>
>>Sigurd
>

> There are two things going on here:
> 1)  You still probably want to get '-f dvd' to work.  A lot of the
> standard distributions of FFMPEG are either too old to have this
> enabled, or have it disabled due to GPL issues.  It looks like the
> best way to fix this is to either: Get a newer version of ffmpeg (I'm
> using 0.4.9-pre1) from your distribution.  In the case of Gentoo I
> believe that the ~x86 version has the -f dvd option working, but I'm
> not certain.  IF the newer version does not work for you, building
> ffmpeg yourself will yield the results you need, once you have the
> correct configuration options.
>
> 2)  '-target dvd' is an option that I seem to need on my own system
> for the MPG to be properly seekable in xine or even when using 'mythv
> SOMEFILE.mpg'.  '-target dvd' does set some specific options within
> ffmpeg, some of which cannot be set any other way.  I never got around
> to narrowing down the specific item needed for seeking to work for me.
>  BUT, regardless, this has a different purpose than the '-f dvd'
> option.  Chris has been looking at whether '-target dvd' needs to be
> added in, but since most users don't seem to NEED it, it probably
> hasn't been a high priority.

I take your point.
I'm using 0.4.9-0.pre1.0.101.2plf (mandrake 10.1)- but it seems to lack
support for the -f dvd option

I have mythburn working in mythweb – which is a really nice alternative
(just watch out for the –z option for transcode in mythtvburn.sh and
scripts/extractthumbnail.sh that flips the menu-item).

Sigurd