[mythtv-users] Capture Sat content using PVR-250

David George david at thegeorges.us
Tue Mar 22 18:46:46 UTC 2005

On 3/22/2005 1:04 PM, john roberts wrote:

>Hey - a buddy of mine has a Tivo series 2 box.  I believe it acts as the sat receiver and the traditional "tivo" like features.
>
>How would you capture the sat content with a PVR-250 -AND- change the channel?  I've seen talk about perl scripts which change sat/cable boxes using serial cables/etc.  But - is there such a solution for someone using a Tivo/combo Series 2 box?

I also have a DirecTivo (series 2).  I found it was just easier to buy a
couple of Directv receivers on eBay (RCA DRD-435, about $1 plus s/h,
woohoo) and use a serial cable to control them (oh and I needed to order
an access card for them another $20 each).

The DirecTivo doesn't have a serial *input* for channel changing.  You
would need to use an IR blaster.  Also, you would only be able to use
one of the tuners as you can only *watch* one thing at a time on the DTiVo.

--
David

HDTV capable frontend I am working on (now with a picture)
  http://mythhd.info