[mythtv-users] TV Screen blanking out due to inactivity

KianTeck chua_kianteck at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Mar 22 11:16:43 UTC 2005

Hi,

Take a look at this xorg.conf
(http://www.wilsonet.com/mythtv/xorg.conf-SVid.txt ) from Jarod's
guide.  And add these lines to your xorg.conf:

Section "ServerFlags"
        Option "blank time" "0"
        Option "standby time" "0"
        Option "suspend time" "0"
        Option "off time" "0"
EndSection

I'm doing a new setup (FC3 + MythTV 0.17) now and the TV screen just
keeps blanking out after sometimes, even when there's no user login to
the box from X-windows.  After adding the above lines, the problem went
away.

Not certain if it will work for your video card as you did not give any
details.

Cheers
KianTeck