[mythtv-users] help with install & Dvico Lite

Chris Henderson jchendo at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 04:12:24 UTC 2005

Could someone please email me off list to help me work though the
setup of the mythtv box.

p3 1gig
512 ram
20 gb & 80 gb hdd
SB Live (this is not correctly found  by kudzu)
Dvico fusion lite HDTV card.
mx 440 video card (monitor ATM, TV once working)
Location: Melbourne Aust.

I have tried to run though Jarrod's guide with no luck. then i tried
Jani Talikka' s guide for the plus version of the card, again with no
luck.

I tried to email jani directly politely asking for help but no answer.
I know that it is bad form for you to do that but the WAF is almost
non existent as i cant get this going.

I think i have to compile the kernel so that it supports DVB but i
have not been able to find any howtos that explain how to do it. (the
dvb side of things and options to pick.)
googling for the errors that i receive is getting me more confused.

I know that this setup is possible but i cannot seem to get it to work.

I must say that i am very new at linux and coming from a windows world
it hurts my brain.

So as a last resort i am email this list in the hope that someone will
take pity on me and email me off list to help me.

Chris