[mythtv-users] Lite-On IR Keyboard and Learning Remotes

jondz jondz at dca.net
Tue Mar 22 03:48:23 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-03-21 at 22:30, Ryan A. Carris wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 10:09:55 -0500, Michael Haan <michael.haan at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I know some of you out there have gone this route.  I've been using
> > the Lite-On wireless IR keyboard to run my myth box for a few weeks or
> > so, and decided this weekend to pick-up a learning remote and start
> > moving some functions to it.  Now, I know the learning remote is
> > working because it has learned functions from two other remotes.
> > However, when i try to teach it a keystroke from the Lite-On -
> > nothing.  For those that have done this, are there any tricks to
> > getting this to work?

I also have a lite-on keyboard (black, with cursor
button at upper right, bought from newegg at around $20).

I have programmed a Sony AV-3100 with it.  After a night of
tweaking the trick with this particular remote is to just
press the keyboard very fast (hit it and release very quickly).
Keeping the keyboard pressed while programming causes the
Sony to crash  or malfunction (requiring a system reset).
Its like, somehow the sony remote buffers choke on the lite-on
signal.  Oddly though the best way to operate my amplifier volume
control is to keep the buttons depressed while programming
the remote.

I could not program the sony with combination keys (for example
the "+" require two kepresses at the same time--just wont work for me).

perhaps that applies to your remote.

jondz