[mythtv-users] alsactl restore and Jarod's guide

Yan-Fa Li yanfali at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 21:38:45 UTC 2005

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 16:18:29 -0500, Bill Smith <wsmithjr at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yup, I have it there too. Still no-go.
>
> -Bill

Bill could you reproduce your /etc/rc.local on the mailing list ?
One thing you need to do is make sure the command is full path.
Relative paths are not guaranteed to work from system shell scripts.
Also, if your alsa layer isn't initialized yet it won't work either.
Try adding a modprobe snd-card-driver before the alsactl.  FC3 is
supposed to start up the sound driver though so I don't think this
would be your problem.

e.g. /usr/sbin/alsactl restore

Yan