[mythtv-users] DTC6200 & Firewire - almost there

The Great Skeeve mythfan at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 18:30:02 UTC 2005

Folks,

   I'm in need of some help.  I have Gentoo up and running (on the
dev kernel 2.6.11-gentoo-r4) with the raw1394 support and iec61883
libraries. I complied mythtv 0.17 with firewire support.  I built the
6200ch channel changer. I'm currently running with no other capture
cards.

   The channel changer works over the firewire, and when I try to
view live tv, I get a couple of frames of video & a little bit of
audio.  The frontend  complains about prebuffer pauses and that's it.
I know I've got the firewire port and slot right (gschanbus is a
wonderful tool).

My question is: how can I test the firewire capture without going
through mtyhtv?  When I set up my old myth system (with an Avermedia
M179) I could copy from the device directly into a file, and then play
the file with an Mpeg player to verfiy it's operation.  How do I do
that with the firewire capture?

     Thanks for any help!