[mythtv-users] cards with dual input?

joe.white at wachovia.com joe.white at wachovia.com
Mon Mar 21 15:42:29 UTC 2005

Hauppauge has finally come out with an AV Cable set to plug into the white
AV headers on their PVR cards.  I am not sure if their cards consider this
an additional input to the existing RCA inputs or the same.

Andrew Close <aclose at gmail.com>
Sent by: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
03/18/2005 02:43 PM

Please respond to
Andrew Close <aclose at gmail.com>; Please respond to
Discussion about mythtv         <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>

Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
cc

Subject
Re: [mythtv-users] cards with dual input?

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 11:28:24 -0800, Ricardo Kleemann
<ricardo at americasnet.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I searched around but couldn't find much information. Are there cards
with
> dual video input sources ? (not necessarily dual tuners, I'm not
interested
> in tuning, only in having multiple input sources)
>
> On the same note, on cards that have both a composite video-in and a
S-video
> in, can those be used separately (although not simultaneously)?
>
> For example, if I hook up one receiver to the S-video input, and a VCR
> the composite input, can I configure these as 2 separate devices, as
long as
> I don't attempt to do anything with them simultaneously?

hi Ricardo,

the PVR-250 (and most likely 350) have s-video in and coaxial cable
in.  i believe you can hook both of them up and then switch between
the inputs.  i'm pretty sure that you can not use both inputs at the
same time.
there are most likely other cards out there that have more than one
input as well, i'm just not familiar with them...

hth

ForwardSourceID:NT0001082A