[mythtv-users] how to select from multiple input sources?

Ralph Little ralph.little at tribaldata.co.uk
Mon Mar 21 12:15:54 UTC 2005

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 21:20:10 -0800, MagicITX <magicitx at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there any way to specify the default capture card when mythfrontend
> start up?  A command line parameter perhaps?
>
> Or if one capture card is busy with one mythfrontend instances will a
> second mythfrontend instance automatically use the second capture
> card?

My understanding is that you can set a priority for your cards using the
Input Preference in mythsetup under Input Connections for the card
specified.
A higher figure makes MythTv use the card by preference over ones of a
higher value, or something like.

I have 2 tuners, and one is better than the other, so I put it on a
higher preference to get it when only recording one at a time and this
seems to work for me. (in 0.16)

Regards,
Ralph

---------
Tribal Data Solutions has moved, please visit our website for more details http://www.tribaldata.co.uk.
This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and are sent on the basis of our copyright, e-mail and security policy which can be inspected by visiting http://www.tribaldata.co.uk/policies.asp.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete this message. Thank you.