[mythtv-users] Too slow?

Mike Curtis Mike.Curtis at glcweb.co.uk
Mon Mar 21 09:56:45 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I had a PII 400 MHz system given to me and I wonder if the more
knowledgeable among the group could advise me.

The CPU supports only MMX1
The M/B has the SIS 620 Chipset
The M/B has onboard graphics (Using 8MB Main Memory)
Total memory fitted as of now 128MB
(Myth-Suite 0.17)

X/KDE runs fine with no visual defects but display of live TV and
recorded TV from my existing Backend, stutters with prebuffer pauses and
there is a broad Mauve vertical bar on the right side of the screen

I would like to use this as a remote Frontend

Would I be better off using a PCI Graphics card (if so any
recommendations)

Or am I wasting my time?

Mike