[mythtv-users] Hard lockups using xvmc

Howard Cokl hojoloco at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 21 01:01:45 UTC 2005

I've been having hard lockups using xvmc since .17 came out (probably wasn't
using xvmc before), well roughly 2 weeks since my pcHD3000 came, I can ping
the box but have to do a hard reset to get out of it.  I scoured the lists
but nothing, so recompiled with debug.   I need xvmc because my Athlon 2700+
just can't do watching live HDTV, almost but not quite.  After 2 weeks of
working on this problem it turns out that the culprit was xvattr, at least as
far as I can figure out.  Didn't do a debug on xvattr, yes libXvMCNVIDIA was
installed before xvattr.  Just wanted to let anyone else out there having
lockups to know.
--
Howard Cokl
"in a world without walls and fences,