[mythtv-users] 0.17 frontend UI slow at 1600x1200

Dan Christensen jdc at uwo.ca
Sun Mar 20 22:26:57 UTC 2005

If I run mythfrontend remotely on my laptop, the UI is very slow when
my laptop is running at 1600x1200 (its native resolution), but is fast
when I tell X to run at 800x600.  The XF86Config-4 files are otherwise
identical.  As an example, when I hit down arrow on the main menu, it
takes about half a second for the screen to update.  I'm using the
titivillus theme.  The laptop is a 2GHz P4 with 512M ram.

The effect is similar to what happened when I wasn't running at
100dpi, but now I have both X servers set to 100dpi.

Any suggestions for what could be causing this?

Dan