[mythtv-users] first time try... please help with errors...

Ricardo Kleemann ricardo at americasnet.com
Sun Mar 20 20:36:25 UTC 2005

Hi,

I'm still trying to test this out. I have a simple setup, with a bttv
wintv-go card. I've configured everything, and mythbackend is running.

When I run mythfrontend and go to Watch TV, I start getting these errors
spit out repeatedly:

X Eroor: BadAlloc (insufficeint resources for operation) 11
  Major opcode:  140
  Minor opcode:   19
  Resource id:      0x0

I have 512M ram, I don't know if the insufficient resources is related to
ram?

After a while spitting this out, mythbackend eventually dies with a
segfault.

I'm running on FC3 with the 770_FC3 kernel.

Thanks for your help
Ricardo