[mythtv-users] MythTV & Mac mini: Impressions and setup notes

Jason Gillis jgillis at acm.org
Sun Mar 20 17:48:31 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I got a Mac mini to use as a remote frontend in my bedroom a couple weeks ago.  As I've gone along, I've written down some notes about the notable items of setup for the system.  It's actually a very nice little system, and for frontend-only purposes, it works great.  There's still some areas I need to fix before I can pull the keyboard and mouse, but it's pretty damn useable right out of the box.  (The precompiled binaries were up and running in about two minutes!)

Bascially, it connects wirelessly to my backend system.  This setup seems to work very well.  I use the KeySpan Express Remote for control.  The remote doesn't have many buttons, but it seems to have just enough for most controls if you're just watching recordings or TV.

My notes are at:  http://home.comcast.net/~spuppet/myth.html#mini

That page also has my notes for the setup of my other myth systems (master backend and slave backend/main frontend).  Could be interesting reading for some.  Probably fodder for ridicule for most.

Jason