[mythtv-users] Sound disappears after noisy DVB reception

Andrew Gallatin gallatin at cs.duke.edu
Sun Mar 20 15:20:48 UTC 2005

Eyal Lebedinsky [eyal at eyal.emu.id.au] wrote:
> 0.17 on Debian testing.
>
> I have now had this happen a few times. I watch a DVB channel.
> A burst of noise is visible as some large pixels, as well as
> some audio chirps. The sound then disappears. I have to stop
> watching and then start again in order for the sound to come
> back.
>
> If this happens during a recording (at is did a few times)
> then the rest of the program is recorded without sound.
> Not good.
>
> Is this a known problem? Is there a solution?

I complained about this privately to one of the DVB maintainers.  He
suggested that I try switching from recording PS to TS files in the
backend setup under advanced recording options for the DVB card.  PS
is the default.  I haven't seen the problem since I made the switch on
Friday, but then again I'd only seen it once in the 2 weeks before
making the change...

Drew