[mythtv-users] MySQL too slow in startup?

Jay Jarvinen jay-lists at 3pound.com
Sun Mar 20 10:41:59 UTC 2005

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 10:50:49 +0100
Mark Wormgoor <mark at wormgoor.com> wrote:

> I am having a problem with MythTV and MySQL on my backend system.
> MySQL loads during the initrd process and I start mythbackend in
> rc.local(after loading ivtv).
[...]
> Mysqld.log shows it is ready:
>   050320 08:43:59  mysqld started
>   /usr/libexec/mysqld: ready for connections
>
> But Mythbackend cannot yet connect:
>   2005-03-20 08:44:06.869 Unable to connect to database!
>   2005-03-20 08:44:07.190 Driver error was [1/1045]:
>   QMYSQL3: Unable to connect
>   Database error was:
>   Access denied for user: 'mythtv at localhost' (Using password: YES)

It's hiding in plain sight.

MySQL is ready, but mythtv at localhost using password was denied access.

Check the appropriate scripts, config files, and MySQL permissions.
These vary per system, so I won't make any assumptions.

Your environment (and user) may differ after startup, which would
explain why it works 'later'. Need more details.

-Jay