[mythtv-users] SPDIF output works for MythMusic, but not MythTV

Kelly Grigg cayenne at cayennecomputing.com
Sat Mar 19 15:11:42 UTC 2005

I'm a little confused...and this may be part of my problem I'm having
with my pvr 250. I thought you didn't have to jumper the sound from the
pvr card to your audio card? I'd tried myth before on an older box,
but, didn't have to physically connect the cards to get sound from tv
and music.

Has this changed? Could this be why I get sound from music, but, no
sound/only video from tv recordings or live?

Also, what exactly is spdif?

TIA,