[mythtv-users] Can't compile MythTV

clemens at dwf.com clemens at dwf.com
Sat Mar 19 08:19:23 UTC 2005

Every time I turn arround, I either break something, or
something has changed out from under me.

Ive gone back and setup a new Fedora3 partition to build/
run mythtv in, and now I cant even build mythtv (sigh)

So what am I doing wrong (its late, Im never going to see it
myself tonight...)

Ive pulled down the current mythtv from cvs.

Ive gone in and uncommented some options in settings.pro

Then I

    ./configure
    qmake settings.pro
    make

and I get:

    [root at mythtv mythtv-cvs]# make
    g++  -o settings     -L/usr/lib/qt-3.3/lib -lqt-mt -lXext -lX11 -lm
    /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lXext
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    make: *** [settings] Error 1

now /etc/ld.so.conf has /etc/X11R6/lib in it, viz

    [root at mythtv mythtv-cvs]# cat /etc/ld.so.conf
    include ld.so.conf.d/*.conf
    /usr/X11R6/lib
    /usr/lib/mysql
    /usr/local/lib

and I will assume that that first include is taking care of
    /usr/lib/qt-3.3/lib

which is the contents of the included file.

and /sbin/ldconfig was run...

This USED to work, what have I done now...

                        Reg.Clemens
                        reg at dwf.com