[mythtv-users] FX 5500 nvidia card vs. PVR-350 card for output to TV?

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Sat Mar 19 04:08:58 UTC 2005

For the past few weeks I have had enjoyed a working mythtv system.  I
currently have it setup using the PVR-350 as output which has a few
quirks but seems to work well.

During the initial testing I just used the monitor connection for output
which worked very well.  The menus seem to look better than when using
the PVR-350 output.

I have an FX 5500 Nvidia card in this system that has an S-video
output.  I assume that if this output was used that I would have the
same output as I did when using the monitor.

The question is will this output be similar or better quality than the
PVR-350 output?  And is it worth the time and effort to set this up and
test it?

I assume this will utilize more CPU than the PVR-350 output.  I have a
3.6 GHz pentium in this particular box so I don't expect that to be an
issue.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com