[mythtv-users] cards with dual input?

Andrew Close aclose at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 19:43:19 UTC 2005

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 11:28:24 -0800, Ricardo Kleemann
<ricardo at americasnet.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I searched around but couldn't find much information. Are there cards with
> dual video input sources ? (not necessarily dual tuners, I'm not interested
> in tuning, only in having multiple input sources)
>
> On the same note, on cards that have both a composite video-in and a S-video
> in, can those be used separately (although not simultaneously)?
>
> For example, if I hook up one receiver to the S-video input, and a VCR to
> the composite input, can I configure these as 2 separate devices, as long as
> I don't attempt to do anything with them simultaneously?

hi Ricardo,

the PVR-250 (and most likely 350) have s-video in and coaxial cable
in.  i believe you can hook both of them up and then switch between
the inputs.  i'm pretty sure that you can not use both inputs at the
same time.
there are most likely other cards out there that have more than one
input as well, i'm just not familiar with them...

hth