[mythtv-users] Any reason not to run commflag as a cron job

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Fri Mar 18 04:49:40 UTC 2005

> Any reason not to run commflag as a cron job? I do a lot of recording at
> night while I'm playing vengeance on my server and if commflag starts up
> the server starts laggin and people start complaining. Is there any reason
> I cant have commflag run at 1:00am.

There's no reason you can't run mythcommflag in a cron if you want.  I am
going to add a time window for the JobQueue sometime soon, it will allow
you to specify a window of time to allow new jobs to start up.  So you
could tell Myth to only start new jobs from 6am-6pm.  The settings will
be host-specific, so you could have one host that could run new jobs all
day long while another only runs them during the day, etc..

For now a cron should accomplish what you want.  Just turn off automatic
commercial flagging and run mythcommflag manually and it will flag all
unflagged shows.
--

Chris