[mythtv-users] Re: 1000th picture quality question SOLVED?

Howard Cokl hojoloco at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 18 01:44:58 UTC 2005

Mark and Chad and anyone else watching this,

No luck.  Still having occasional lockups, I'm
thinking it's xvmc but if I disable xvmc my CPU shits
the bed if I'm watching HDTV.  AFAIK the picture
quality may have always been sub par and I didn't
notice, but now that I have noticed I want to fix it.
I got my AA9A60 today and set that up but may do it
over again tomorrow and set up an interlaced modeline
so I can see if I can get rid of mythtv deinterlace.
Some questions:
1.  what resolutions are you using?  I think my
freestyle captures @ 640x480 so myth has to bump that
up for me since my resolution is now 720x510.
2.  What kind of CPU do you have and what is the load
on it when watching live TV?  I have an Athlon XP
2700+ and watching live TV using the freestyle puts me
at about 87% idle.
3.  Have you tried cat /dev/video0 > test.mpg and then
watching that?

Thanks
Howard

=== message truncated ===