[mythtv-users] It worked, for a few seconds

Justin Gombos mindfuq at fairfieldi.com
Thu Mar 17 23:52:55 UTC 2005

I just got live tv to work, for about five seconds.  When choosing
'watch tv', it was blank, then gave the no /dev/dsp device error
asking me if I want to continue w/out sound.  I answered yes, and got
some choppy video for a few seconds, then it went blank again.

That only happened once.  Other times it's blank for a couple seconds,
and returns back to the menu without even giving me the sound card
warning.  And sometimes it's just blank until I give up and escape
back to the menu manually.