[mythtv-users] EXTREMELY choppy video

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Thu Mar 17 20:32:42 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 16 March 2005 07:52, Paul Leppert wrote:
> I updated my 0.17 environment last night with Axel's latest RPMs (via
> apt-get dist-upgrade) and I cannot seem to get XvMC support to work
> correctly.  The checkbox appears in the setup screen, but regardless
> of whether or not it is checked, it doesn't seem to make any
> difference (I've used XvMC before from CVS, but this install was via
> Jarod's guide on FC3).  With XvMC checkbox selected, it doesn't seem
> to make any difference in the processing used (reported via top) and
> the OSD is not black and white (I'm assuming this hasn't been fixed
> yet?).
>
> Is there something additional that has to be done to take advantage of
> XvMC in MythTV?

Hitting the checkbox is all I have to do. I presume you're running with an
nVidia graphics card, the XvMC support in the ATrpms packages will only work
with nVidia cards.

> I don't see anything in the standard log for mythfrontend.  If I turn
> on additional logging, what, if anything should I be looking for?

Launch the frontend from a console:

$ mythfrontend -v playback

Should be something in the output there about XvMC...

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com

Got a question? Read this first...