[mythtv-users] xawtv works - what's the next step?

Justin Gombos mindfuq at fairfieldi.com
Thu Mar 17 19:33:34 UTC 2005

* Joseph Caputo <jcaputo1 at comcast.net> [2005-03-17 14:17]:

> Please just try xawtv.  It's *so* much easier.  Also, you're going
> to have issues unless you can get Xv working on your video card.

Xawtv is the only thing that works for me, and I'm glad you suggested
it.  But the goal is to have MythTV work.  I want to take the next
baby step.

I want to see live tv via MythTV next (which currently displays a
blank screen).  I'm sure there's a smaller step I can take to get
there.  What other tests and troubleshooting can I do, knowing that
Xawtv works, but mplayer doesn't, and I can't even cat from
/dev/video0?  What exactly is Xv?  Is that something that MythTV
depends on?