[mythtv-users] Blue band right side of picture

Mark L. Cukier mark at pemicro.com
Thu Mar 17 15:11:44 UTC 2005

It's a very odd symptom, and I'm suprised more people aren't seeing it.

I'm using a Widescreen HD TV... it sounds as if you are as well. Perhaps
it's an HDTV issue more than a TV Out issue..? (of course, I am NOT
seeing this issue with my nVidia TV-OUT... only with my PVR-350!)

- Mark

James Armstrong wrote:

> Mark L. Cukier wrote:
>
>> I just switched from my nVidia TV-out back to my PVR350. The TV
>> Quality is much better... however, now I seem to be having this same
>> problem!!! I have a thin blue line down the rightside of my screen,
>> with a thicker black (dead) area to the right of that. overscan
>> doesn't seem to fix anything... this seems to be the area where the
>> right side of the PVR350 ENDS!
>>
>> Has anyone experienced this? Any fixes? I tried running xvidtune, but
>> PVR350 doesn't seem to like any of the modlines involving making the
>> picture wider!
>>
>> Please help!
>>

> I have a similar issue. Only on some HD 1080i playbacks, I have a
> bright green line down the right side of the screen, right on the
> edge. I have also seen on normal playback a black 'gap' near the right
> edge then the rest of the picture.
>
> - James

____________________________
*Mark L. Cukier*, /Design Engineer/