[mythtv-users] Newbie wants criticism of component choices...

Alexander Varakin avarakin at optonline.net
Thu Mar 17 03:49:08 UTC 2005

For your requirements you can use something like  733MHz P3 CPU. It will be
much cheaper and it will consume about 5 times less power  from the mains.
Because of this it will be also much easier  to make the whole setup silent.
If you have a source of free electricity, then go with your setup, but if you
have to pay your electricity bill , then you should consider my suggestion.
BTW, why do you need PVR350? Any decent CPU can easily decode mpeg2, so you
can just use PVR250.