[mythtv-users] NVidia, Hardware, Japan, Linux ... HELP!!! I'm going crazy!!!

Hirobumi Shimada shimada at systemcreate-inc.com
Thu Mar 17 00:45:56 UTC 2005

David Bennett wrote:

> (3) Tuner/decoder. I would like the Haupage but am in Japan. I have
> been told that the Kurotoshiko card is a clone. Its model number is
> CX23416GYC-STVLP/R. Is this an actual Haupage card or just using the
> same chips? Will it work the same as a "real" Haupage card? If I can
> find another Tuner that uses this chip is it safe to go with it?
> (basically a list of mpeg2 decoders that will work with Myth and can
> be bought in Japan would be great.)

I don't know Haupage, but most Japanese use MythTV with following mpeg2
cards.

Kurotoshiko CX23416GYC-STVLP/R (I use it, cheapest)
BAFFALO     PC-MV51XR/PCI (same CX23416GYC-STVLP/R)
IO-DATA	    GV-MVP/RX
IO-DATA	    GV-MVP/RX2  (minor change of GV-MVP/RX)
IO-DATA	    GV-MVP/RX2W (double tuner version of GV-MVP/RX2)

Thease cards work in a modified version of ivtv driver in the following
site.

http://www.paken.org/linuxwiki/index.php?CX23416GYC-STVLP%A4%CE%B2%F2%C0%CF