[mythtv-users] directv and dish network

David George david at thegeorges.us
Wed Mar 16 23:02:47 UTC 2005

On 03/16/2005 05:46 PM, Ricardo Kleemann wrote:

>This is awesome, thanks. :-)
>A couple more questions... how can I control mythtv via a remote control
>instead of using keyboard?

>If I hooked up a VCR to save some tapes to disk (or even burn DVDs), how
>would I control that from mythtv?
There isn't an easy one-button way of doing this.  Sometimes it is just
easier to press play on the VCR and type 'cat /dev/video > video.mpg'.
What I did once was setup an input source on one of my capture cards
called vcr and setup a dummy source for it.

HDTV capable frontend I am working on (now with a picture)