[mythtv-users] EXTREMELY choppy video

Paul Leppert phlepper at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 15:52:05 UTC 2005

I updated my 0.17 environment last night with Axel's latest RPMs (via
apt-get dist-upgrade) and I cannot seem to get XvMC support to work
correctly.  The checkbox appears in the setup screen, but regardless
of whether or not it is checked, it doesn't seem to make any
difference (I've used XvMC before from CVS, but this install was via
Jarod's guide on FC3).  With XvMC checkbox selected, it doesn't seem
to make any difference in the processing used (reported via top) and
the OSD is not black and white (I'm assuming this hasn't been fixed
yet?).

Is there something additional that has to be done to take advantage of
XvMC in MythTV?

I don't see anything in the standard log for mythfrontend.  If I turn
on additional logging, what, if anything should I be looking for?

Thanks,
phlepper

--
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.  --  Confucius