[mythtv-users] shuttling woes/crashes

Graham Dunn graham.dunn at leitch.com
Wed Mar 16 15:50:48 UTC 2005

Tom Barber wrote:

> Graham Dunn wrote:
>
>> Tom Barber wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> i've installed mythtv 0.17 using the well know fedora how to and
>>> everythings working fine apart from when i try pausing, after a
>>> short while of unpausing the entire system freezes, i can't even ssh
>>> into it?
>>> is there a fix for this or is it something i have to live with for a
>>> while.
>>> Tom
>>>
>> Make sure your recordedmarkup table in mythconverg is ok.
>>
>> mysqlcheck -r -umythtv -pmythtv mythconverg
>>
>> I was seeing some seriously weird behaviour when trying to ff/rewind,
>> the table was corrupted during a prior crash.
>>
>> Graham

> no thats fine..
> I did note some other threads that say that the new nvidia driver is
> dodgy, so that my be my cause, but again why would it only happen with
> shuttling live tv?
> Tom

Is your hardrive DMA set on?

http://www.vmware.com/support/reference/linux/host_perf.html

If you can, open a couple ssh sessions to the host, and tail
/var/log/messages, and /var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log ( or the
equivalent), so you can see the last things that get written before the
crash.

Graham