[mythtv-users] View console on TV while MythTV running

trev trev at g7pvs.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Mar 16 11:47:07 UTC 2005

Hi
To get the console unscrambled you need to set:

vga=normal

in lilo.conf which is usually in /etc
don't forget to run lilo after editing the file.
I believe that there is a similar setting in grub if you use that, but I am
not familiar with that boot up system.
As you mentioned this has been mentioned previously, I came accross it when
trying to set up a sytem using an nVidea MX440 TVout to drive the tv and the
VGAout to drive a monitor for web surfing.
This problem also occurs on the monitor when going to a terminal.

Hope this fixes your problem and you get MythTv working successfully.

Best Regards

Trev