[mythtv-users] Broadcast Flag Article mentions MythTV and quotes Issac

Tony Godshall togo at of.net
Wed Mar 16 09:07:25 UTC 2005

According to Max Waterman,
> Jason Werpy wrote:
>
> >On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 11:07:17 -0500, Mark L. Cukier <mark at pemicro.com>
> >wrote:
> >

> >>Currently I would NEVER consider getting a "black box"-- I'm not going
> >>to steal cable. But, once the "black boxes" output a signal with the
> >>flag filtered out... well, I'll still pay for my cable but I'll
> >>definitely have a black box!!!!!!!!!
> >>
> >>:-D
> >>

> >This reminds me of an add they run on my cable where a guy is
> >interviewing for a job.  Then the interviewer notes that he has a
> >criminal record.  The inverviewee says "Oh that, I just had one of
> >those cable descramblers, its was no big deal".  The interviewer looks
> >at him and says well this interview is over, or something like that.
> >Then cue the ominous "Cable Theft, its a Crime," voice over.  Every
> >time and I mean EVERY time I see this add I can just hear them
> >

> >replacing the line about stealing cable with "I just recorded a show
> >to watch later with my PVR", and replacing the cable theft line with
> >"Recoding HD TV, its a Crime."
> >

> Maybe the EFF/whoever should run an ad campain with something like this.
> It might wake people up to what is happening....or it might not...
>
> Max.

Well, the Build-Ins are spreading... I hosted one in Alameda
last weekend, and two people who came are hosting their own.

Three machines built, but mine (the host's ironically) has
some issues with front-end (view recording seg-faults
front-end, tho mplayer -vo x11 -framdrop from commandline is
very very nice... I like HDTV; view live drops sound after a
bit).