[mythtv-users] : DVB channels keep re-appearing

Rickard Olsson richie at webhackande.se
Wed Mar 16 07:05:13 UTC 2005

Tom Hughes wrote:

> Because 0.17 now has automatic channel detection - that includes both
> the scanner in the setup program and automatic detection of new channels
> as they appear. If you delete a channel then the next time you tune to
> another channel on that multiplex Myth will detect the missing channel
> and add it.

Ah, that would explain my problems with that, then. This isn't really a
very good feature. You see, there are channels in the free-to-air
multiplexes in Sweden that aren't actually available - there's SVT Extra
(XMLTV ID extra.svt.se) and a few text channels. These get added in
MythTV, but when I channel-surf to them (not knowing when they get
added, I assume that going UP from my last channel would take me back to
my first 'real' channel), the back-end can't find them and so the
frontend locks up for 15 seconds. This happens even if I set them as not
visible - they disappear from the TV Guide, but they are still surfable.

Furthermore, I can't easily get the backend out of it since it does not
revert back to a functioning channel by itself and if I try to start the
frontend in View TV mode, it just locks for 15 seconds and exits to the
main menu again. Restarting the backend works sometimes, but a few
times, something has changed the Start Channel value to the most recent
bad channel, so I'll have to run mythsetup.

How about a blacklist for deleted channels? This could probably be
implemented by letting the Visible flag be more pervasive in the system,
and not just in the Guide.

     / Rickard Olsson,IT-Konsult/
    / Telefon: +46 70 635 01 42/
   / http://www.webhackande.se/