[mythtv-users] Re: 1000th picture quality question

Chad Delatte gremlin190 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 16 00:32:56 UTC 2005

Alright, excuse me for my newbness here, but yes I
meant to say the itvc16 chipset.

I'm trying to establish that the problem we are having
is with the newer revision of the pvr 250.

So far we have the following list of people with the
new cards and have the same issue with sharpness.

hojoloco,
You also have a newer design card and maybe the cause
of the problems.

1. Me        ITVC-16
2. hojoloco  ITVC-15 (but it's a frestyle)
3. dan       ITVC-16

ross.campbell , I did everything in your list except
for
1. try a different decoder card (my M-179 had poor
quality compared to my pvr-250) ----Have one on
ordser, but think I got ripped off on ebay
2. upgrade/downgrade your video driver and hack on the
config files to optimize for the best resolution and
refresh rate for outputting recorded TV ----- Not sure
how to do this.

mark,
I noticed when I went to lower settings i had your
problem.  May want to start a thread about that one.