Practicality of backing up huge hard drives (was Re: [mythtv-users] Dieing Hard Drive)

Ron Johnson ron.l.johnson at
Tue Mar 15 23:15:57 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-03-15 at 18:56 +0100, Johannes Becker wrote:
> I bougth the ADIC DLT library for 150 Euros, but this one is
> refurbished/tested. You may get them even cheaper.

Whoa, sweet deal.  How many slots?  And what's the uncompressed

(DLT drives have been around for 12+ years, with the oldest ones
that I know of using DLT-III tapes, and being 10/20GB capacity.)

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"This is the optimal setup for a geek. Your wife thinks you are
with your girlfriend, your girlfriend thinks, you have to look
for your wife, and you have time to do something with your