[mythtv-users] Re: 1000th picture quality question

Dan Goldberg dan at orca1.com
Tue Mar 15 20:49:23 UTC 2005

> No!!! Don't give up!!!
>
> I'm having the same problem, and I can't leave it alone. As I've said, I
> have a TiVo and the picture is MUCH better on the TiVo than on the
> Myth... and I REFUSE to believe that Myth is not capable of equalling
> TiVo's quality!!! There must be something we're missing....
>
> People with excellent quality... any hints? Suggestions?? Tell us about
> your setup!!! Don't leave us with non-crispy images!! :-D
>
> - Mark

I've never seen anyone else's mythtv picture quality so I don't know what
sort of quality people get. But, from what I can gather people do get
excellent quality. It looks like people can use the output from a PVR 350 to
get excellent quality. Other people have VGA to TV converters that give them
excellent quality. And other people seem to get excellent quality using the
S-video of tv-out.

The only thing I can think is that there's something peculiar about my setup
(cords, hardware, something....). If I had the time, money, and energy, I
could try to build another mythtv box with completely different hardware and
see what happens, I suppose. Somehow I'm guessing that if I did all that I'd
end up with the same picture quality.

Anyway, it's a mystery to me. Perhaps if there's a mythtv consultant in Los
Angeles I could get them to inspect my system and see what could be wrong
with it. Are there any mythtv consultants in Los Angeles?

Dan.