[mythtv-users] Re: 1000th picture quality question

Dan Goldberg dan at orca1.com
Tue Mar 15 18:26:36 UTC 2005

> Quick question, Does playing dvd's look good?  My dvd
> playback was super, but my tv playback was horrible.
> Waiting on an older pvr 250 in hopes that it has
> something to do with the newer tuner type :/

Yeah, the DVD playback looks perfect. I tried connecting an S-video cable
from my DirecTV receiver into my PVR 250 and I think the quality is a little
better than splitting the coax out of the DirecTV receiver. But, it's still
not as crisp and clear as watching tv straight from the receiver.

I'm probably just going to give up. The quality is pretty good and if I
weren't comparing with the feed straight out of the receiver I'd probably
say it was really good. It just always nags at me that it's possible for the
picture to be crisper.

Anyway, thanks for everyone's help. I'm guessing it must have something to
do with my physical setup (cords, connections, hardware....). As I said in a
the crispness that much.

Dan.