[mythtv-users] Anybody having X lockup problems with MX440 on 7167 nvidia drivers?

John Freer john_freer at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 15 16:56:42 UTC 2005

Hey All:

Just curious if anybody is having weird lockup problems with MX440
hardware with the 7167 driver.

The 6629 driver never worked with my MX440 (nforce2 MB), and now the
7167 "kind of" works.

KDE hangs on load up.  It hangs hard where it says "starting
interprocess communication".  If I then remote login through ssh, you
can see that X is pegged at 99% processor usage.

GNOME boots up fine and seems OK, and mythtvsetup runs OK, but when
mythfrontend starts, X pegs at 99% processor usage and myth is locked
up.

I'm at the point where I just ordered an FX5200 from Newegg.
Hopefully that'll solve the problem.

Wondering if anyone else had similar problems.

Thanks,
John.