[mythtv-users] .17 & MythNews

Paul mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Tue Mar 15 11:25:50 UTC 2005

>Mythnews is broken in KnoppMyth r5a12, and probably a10, too, due to an
>xml error in /usr/share/mythtv/mythnews/news-sites.xml.

>I removed the whole final category of feeds (which didn't have a
>correct </category> tag, but I think had worse problems than just
>that), then went to Utilities/Setup -> Setup -> Info Center Settings ->
>News Settings, and was off to the races.

>/JEP

Looks like when the new EFF rss feeds where added there was
a typo that prevented MythNews parsing the news-sites.xml file.

It was fixed a few days later by Isaac in cvs.

Look here for what needs to be changed
http://cvs.mythtv.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/mythnews/mythnews/news-sites.xml?r
1=1.8&r2=1.9

in other words add 'amp;' minus the quotes after the &.

Looks like you are just unfortunate KnoppMyth is using a bad copy of
the news-sites.xml file from between 7 Feb to 11 Feb. Does KnoppMyth use
the 0.17 release or a cvs snapshot?

Paul