[mythtv-users] OT - Linux utility to merge wmv files ? (SOLVED)

Jason Donahue mythtv at timekiller.org
Tue Mar 15 07:15:08 UTC 2005

For anyone who is interested, here is how I merged a bunch of wmv files
into one movie:

First use mencoder to convert files to raw avi:

mencoder clip1.wmv -oac pcm -ovc raw -o tmp1.avi
mencoder clip2.wmv -oac pcm -ovc raw -o tmp2.avi

Then use avimerge to combine all the files:

avimerge -o "bigfile.avi" -i tmp1.avi tmp2.avi ... ...

Finally, use mencoder again to shrink the file down (I chose xvid):

mencoder bigfile.avi -o final.avi -oac mp3lame -ovc xvid -xvidencopts
bitrate=16000

Hope this helps some other poor souls...