[mythtv-users] Use PVR-250 Remote with non-PVR-250 card?

Harry Orenstein holists at v92net.com
Tue Mar 15 04:38:22 UTC 2005

On Monday 14 March 2005 2:31 pm, kanetse at gmail.com wrote:
> I bought my PVR-250 and installed it in a dedicated backend machine.
> As a result, I didn't need to hook up the remote that came with it.
>
> I happen to have another TV tuner card that also has an IR
> receiver/remote plug on it.  However, I've lost the IR receiver.  Does
> anyone know if I can plug in my unused PVR-250 IR receiver into this
> card and then the PVR-250 remote with the TV Tuner card (through
> LIRC)?
>
> Has anyone ever tried to use the PVR-250 remote with another device?
>
> Thanks!

The Hauppauge IR receiver is just the IR receiver chip on a really long wire.
Check out:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/47571?search_string=vcc%20harry;#47571

for the pinout.  If the circuit you are using just needs an IR receiver chip
to work then it should work.  If there is more to the missing receiver then
you may be SOL.  You don't specify which other tuner card you have, but most
I have seen just use a IR receiver chip.  The pinout might be different.
Good luck.  HTH!

-- Harry O.