[mythtv-users] Shopping for an HDTV for Myth

Jeff Wormsley daworm at comcast.net
Tue Mar 15 03:03:48 UTC 2005

David George wrote:

> My three year old Samsung rear projection can be a pain sometimes.  It
> was very difficult to create a usable modeline for it[1] and the
> remote control is horrible (no longer a problem now that I have Myth
> :-) ).  I have only heard *good* things about the DLPs though so they
> are probably better now.
>
> [1] I am using VGA out an nVidia FX5200 ultra with Audio Authority 9A60

Could you post your xorg.conf?  Sounds like your Samsung may be very
similar to mine, and I still haven't found good modeline (what I have
now "works", but shimmers - don't know a better way to describe it).
Mine's an HCL5515W, and I have a 5200 and 9A60 as well, so maybe your
modelines would work for me as well.

TIA,
  Jeff.