[mythtv-users] Re: Reinstall for .17

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Mon Mar 14 20:35:26 UTC 2005

mythtv at nosolutions.com wrote:
>>a) Just let mythtv "setup" purge your existing channel lineup and then
>>reconnect it.
>>

> First, how would I use this method? Would this screw up any of my previous
> recordings?

Run mythtv's setup program (could be called setup, mythtvsetup, or
mythtv-setup) and it asks if you want to clear channel data when it
starts. Say OK to this, but do not let it clear your card configuration.
Then you need to re-do the video source and the connection to the card.
And no it shouldn't screw up your current recordings, since they are in
separate tables of the database.

Best to have a backup of the data before you start, if you are worried
about losing important info.

Tom