[mythtv-users] Shopping for an HDTV for Myth

David George david at thegeorges.us
Mon Mar 14 17:21:40 UTC 2005

On 3/14/2005 11:13 AM, Jim Oltman wrote:

>How well does this frontend work for HD?

Are you referring to the link in my sig? (Hard to tell because you
didn't trim your quote to the relevant portion of the message you were
replying to.  :-(   )  If so, I am still working on it.  :-)  I hope to
have everything usable within a couple of weeks.

>  It sounds like you are going
>to be selling these frontends.

Thought about it at one time, but I don't think I could make them
inexpensive enough for people to buy them from me.  I am still thinking
about possibly selling the LED boards and a pre-configured compact flash
with Linux and Myth already setup for the technically challenged and for
people that are just too busy to want to mess with it.

>  Do you have any writeups for setting
>up the software?  Any special Myth "gotchas"?

Not yet.  I am a horrible writer, so step-by-step instructions may never
happen.  As for "gotchas" the biggies are waiting for better CN400
support from the unichrome project (these guys are amazing, especially
considering they get *no* help from VIA) and adding support for the
VT1625 HDTV encoder.

--
David

HDTV capable frontend I am working on (now with a picture)
  http://mythhd.info